Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back From New York!



The city was magical! Living only 45 minutes away from New York, I have been there quite often, but never actually stayed overnight. We stayed at the Plaza for three nights and four days. I loved it. A few highlights of the trip were Dylan's Candy Bar, FAO Schwarz, and Barneys.



First of all, Dylan's was AMAZING. I was first overwhelmed by the sugary smell, and almost had a heart attack when I realized there were three floors of candy heaven. I got 4 chocolate bars (Brownie Batter, Hazelnut, Angel Food Cake, and Bacon) Seriously, bacon-flavored chocolate! They also had bacon lollipops, bacon mints, and a gummy bacon strip. I also got junior mints, coconut M&Ms, Caramellos, a couple Twix bars, a marshmallow pop, a bag filled with assorted gummy-candies, and a pink t-shirt that said 'I ♥ Candy'. Whew, that is a lot of candy! I was pretty hyper afterwards.



FAO Schwarz was HUGE. It seemed to be the size of a shopping mall. There were different sections, like a candy section, a stuffed animal section, a lego section, a story-book section... One part that really stuck out in my mind was the toy piano. It was flat, and about 12 feet long. There was a big line waiting to jump on the piano. Whenever somebody stepped on one of the keys, it would light up and make a sound like a normal piano would if somebody pressed the keys. I wish I knew about the Toy 'R' Us store here before we went, because it is said to be the biggest toy store in the world. There is even a 60 foot indoor ferris wheel!



 I am a huge fashion addict and going to Barneys was like a dream. There were tons and tons of clothes, and all with an expensive, sophisticated elegance. I am only thirteen, so I felt a little out of place with all of the adult ladies browsing around, but I was too excited to care for long. I seriously wanted to buy everything in the store, but remembered that what I saw was NOT cheap. I ended up getting a loose nude-colored silk blouse with red trimming, an emerald green tank with beaded detailing, tweed shorts, a yellow wrap-skirt, and buttery caramel-colored riding boots. Shopping was oddly exhausting, so I took a looong nap afterwards.

New York was amazing. I want to thank my parents for all that they do for me, for taking me so many places and letting me do so many wonderful things! You guys are the best :)

xxx

Abby ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment