Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie


OMG! Did you guys see the Hunger Games movie? I have been a HUGE fan of the books, and the movie was not disappointing. The book was still better than the movie, as always (I think the only exception of this was Gone with the Wind) but it still lived up to my expectations.

Katniss is going through many emotional struggles in the book, and it is better when you can describe it in words on the paper, instead of trying to communicate them with facial expressions and tone of voice in the movie. Although she did do an exceptional job, you can say things in books that you can't say in movies. The most memorable scene of the movie in my opinion was Rue's death. I was crying when I read that chapter in the book, and had to choke back tears when I watched the movie. It was very sad, yet realistic. There were no cheery, last words of inspiration. It was beautiful. I can't wait for the next movies to come out! Go Hunger Games!

xxx

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment