Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Boyfriend



When we first met, I wasn't having any romantic feelings about him. We sat next to each other in math class, and the girl to the other side of me, who is actually one of my good friends (her name is Amanda) said "I think Taylor likes you". I love Amanda dearly, but she is always jumping to conclusions on who likes who. Taylor was just a friend. We had easy conversation and he always makes me laugh. Plus, he wasn't rude  and loud like some of the other guys. 

A few weeks after knowing him, I was starting to like him as more than a friend. Our conversations were still the same though, and it didn't make anything awkward between us. A couple days later I gathered up the courage to ask him, but I had no idea what to say!

 During recess, I went up to him and the popular group of guys he hangs out with. I said, "Hey, Taylor can I borrow you real quick?" The boys behind him grinned at each other, and I winked.

"So, hey." I said. We smiled. "Why'd you bring me over here?" he asked. I wasn't sure how to start. I know a lot of time at my school when someone likes someone else, they get one of their friends to pass on the word. But I wanted to ask him myself. I had a good feeling about this. "Oh, well I just thinking, I've realized how good of friends we are. I started to kind of want to be more than friends though. Will you go out with me?"

Taylor's face broke out into a huge grin. "Really?" he said. "I have had a crush on you forever. I never thought you would feel the same." I smiled too, and said "I was kind of nervous about asking, but now I can't remember why I was so scared!" We laughed out of pure happiness, and he interlocked his hand with mine. Taylor swung him arm and pulled my hand into rhythm with his.

Olivia and Bri (Bri is my other best friend) had a million questions for me. I told them the entire story, and they hung onto my every word. "Will you guys help me plan my date?" I knew the answer before the words had even come out of my mouth. I ended up having a great time, and we have been dating since!


xxx

Abby ♥

1 comment: