Monday, March 12, 2012

Giddy Up, Horsie


 What a fun day I had! I went riding with my best friends- Olivia and Bri. Bri is an equestrian, so we went to her place to go riding. Olivia and I had no idea how to ride, so we just followed Bri's lead. She showed us how to "tack up", and mount the horse. I kind of made a fool of myself when I tried to get on. I would lift my leg halfway over the horse's back, and then it would slip off, and I would almost topple off the stepping stool. We cracked up every time that happened, and eventually on the umpteenth time, I finally got on the horse's back. 

My horse was the sweetest. Bri told me she was a Hanoverian named Cocoa. We started off on a slow, steady walk, and then Bri showed us how to do a sitting trot. We went through a creek, and splashed around in the water for a bit. We tied up the horses, and munched on some granola bars while we chatted and caught up on school gossip. 

Then we finally got back on the horses and cantered back to the farm. It felt amazing to go so fast, but kind of scary, because it was my first time on a horse since I had lived in Texas. The warm breeze blew my hair back, and I just felt free. Like nothing else mattered in the world than to just be there, right then. With my friends and having fun. Recently I have been so caught up in things, and I haven't had the time to just relax, unwind, and live in the moment. 

I had the best time today! *Hugs to Olivia and Bri* Love you guys ♥

xxx

Abby ♥

P.S. The picture was not taken by me. None of the photos on this blog are mine. Just thought I'd throw that out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment