Monday, April 9, 2012

Model Mayhem


Recently something very, very, exciting has been going on in my life... I have started modeling! I'll try to keep my story short.

My sister Chloe is a Ford model, and my friends were encouraging me to go try modeling. Ford has a great reputation, but I was unsure about the whole idea of modeling. People were looking at my body, taking my measurements, and just, y'know, examining my body. It kind of made me feel uncomfortable to be looked at that way.

I looked at myself a lot, thinking Will this make me seem vain? None of my friends are models. Am I pretty enough? Gosh, I don't want to get hung up over my looks. I am 5' 9", and almost 14. Yikes! I hope I don't grow much more. I weigh 120 pounds, (not bad). I have long, brunette hair, and hazel eyes. Long eyelashes, dark eyebrows, no freckles, and pale pink lips. Is this model material? Most of the high-fashion models I see look downright SCARY! Some of them have hollow cheeks, snake eyes, and a permanent scowl.

Then again, in photos and on the runway you have to look fierce and headstrong, like, don't mess with me, or things will end BADLY! LOL. In real life, a lot of the models are surprisingly friendly and easygoing. Well, they always say, never judge a book by it's cover!

Bri and Olivia pushed me, saying things like "C'mon, you'll be AMAZING!", "Abby, you're gorgeous! If anyone here would make it as a model, it's you.", and "God, I would kill for cheekbones like yours!". I took the compliments, not believing most of them. Eventually I asked my mom about modeling, and Chloe talked to Ford with me.

I went with my sister to work one day, and everyone welcomed me, and they were super nice. I met with some people, and they said it would be lovely to work with me. I was excited, but still a little freaked out. That night, I called my best friends for advice, and they said, "OMG! This is an opportunity most girls would KILL for! You have to take it."

I got back to the people at Ford, and they scheduled my first shoot for Sunday, 4:00pm. I said yes, of course with permission from my mom. I bombarded Chloe with questions, like, "Should I wear makeup when I arrive?" Answer: No, they'll do it for me. "What should I wear before they dress me?" Answer: Just something casual, like jeans and a nice top. "Will they take my measurements first thing?" Answer: Yes, but it's nothing to be worried about. I took my measurements later on, and found out I was 34", 24", 34". Is that good? Chloe said it was fantastic. I didn't believe her.

The next day I woke up, and went to the shoot that afternoon. They were shooting at this white, sandy beach, I was dresses in semi-sheer, flowy beach dress, and I sprawled in the sand. The photographer, Antonio, was Italian, and always made me laugh with his cute accent. "Gorgeous darling!" he would exclaim, twisting his camera to get the right angle. "Bellisimo! Fantastic! A little to the left now..." "Now THATS what I'm talking about!" "Make love to the camera!"

I was laughing, and posing, and having a great time. We took some breaks, and I sipped some of my Fiji waiter, and ate some chocolate cookies. They didn't even tell me to swap out the cookie for some carrot sticks. The sun was warm, and someone a few yards away from us someone was blasting some Maroon 5. I saw kids playing in the sand, and teenagers tanning in the sun.

After the shoot, Mark scheduled me for another shoot on April 14. I called my mom on my iPhone real quick to ask for permission, and she said yes. This shoot is going to be at a Victorian Mansion. Ooh, I can not wait! He said this shoot with be more sophisticated, and I'll be wearing statement jewelry and silk pants. In his own words, "I know you're only 14, but you seem so much older! You've got potential." I'm so excited! And Mark said I've got potential! LOL.

I know I just got started, but I can tell that modeling with be something I'll be doing for a long time. I definitely don't want to have modeling as a life-long career, but it's fun to do for the time being. Talk to you later! I'll tell you how my next shoot goes.

xxx

Abby ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment